History of Bromley Town
Bromley Town and Old Bromleians Cricket Club was founded in 1885 by a group of tradesmen from the area. Before the Club finally settled into the present ground one can only describe it as a ‘wandering side' until the 1950s. It was then that the members of the club had to make a cricket ground out of what only can be described as a piece of marshland. This took almost nine years after diverting the river Ravensbourne, which ran right across the middle of the present ground, moving the pavilion section by section and sowing a square and most importantly purchasing the land from Bromley Town Football Club.
Over recent years the Club has invested in a new drainage system and added to the fencing around the ground, purchased a new grass cutter, mower, electronic scoreboard, covers for the square and enlarged the changing room facilities.
There are plans to repair the outdoor nets, including the replacement of one of the surfaces, with a 3rd net a possibility.